Net with and without showdown
- Category: Glossary
- Published: Sunday, 30 September 2012 14:21
There are 2 types of hand :
- hands where the player was at showdown (if he has the best cards, he wins. Otherwise he loses).
- hands where the player was not at showdown (if all other players fold, he wins. Otherwise he loses).
Net with showdown can be a sign of the following patterns :
- the ability to grow pots when the player has the best hand
- the ability to detect bluffs
- a tendency to be drawing dead
- a tendency to keep pots too small
Net without showdown can be a sign of the following patterns :
- the ability to bluff a lot
- the ability to bluff in big pots
- a tendency to let bluff
- a tendency to play too tight